1) min. 16 GB required for Design Workstations, 32 GB for Production Systems
2) Xeons offer a higher amount and bandwidth of PCI-e lanes, L3-cache size, support for ECC-RAM and durability (qualified to handle
the heavier load over a longer period). Therefore, Xeon processors are mandatory for extensive Video I/O and playback
3) While most dedicated (discrete) graphics cards are compatible with Ventuz we highly recommend the professional series of NVIDIA
or AMD for production use.
4) While Ventuz is not very demanding regarding disk speed in general, the data transfer rate from HDD to GPU becomes a crucial
factor for good results and fluid playback when dynamic assets or video content are used in a project. Solid State Disks (SSD) or SSD RAIDs
with high data transfer rates are highly recommended for projects with content alike.
Special Requirements for VR-Systems
Ventuz supports VR-Devices such as HTC VIVE and the Oculus Rift including their controllers. Consumer Graphic Cards might have an advantage over the AMD and NVIDIA professional due to their dedicated HDMI output which is missing with many of the professional cards. Please refrain from using Display Port to HDMI adaptors as they often cause compatibility issues. Please refer to our Software Requirements for VR for more detailed information.
Recommended OS Tweaks
For optimal system performance and smooth operation, we recommend the following changes to the system settings:
- Disable notifications as they may force the Ventuz Runtime to minimize unwantedly
- Use the “Group Policies Editor” to disable Windows Defender and other popups (advanced users only, always consult your IT administrator before changing security settings)
- Add Firewall rules for Ventuz Designer, Director and Runtime
- Disable unnecessary Autostart applications via the Windows Task Manager
You will find a vast amount of helpful tips for optimal system configuration, supported standards, file formats, resolutions, hardware and much more in our extensive User Manual.