Ventuz releases 6.9 with Unreal Engine to Engine integration and workflow improvements
Unreal Engine to Engine Integration
The main new feature in this release is the long-awaited integrated workflow of Ventuz with Unreal engine. It uses an Engine to Engine (E2E) communication with both Ventuz and Unreal render engines running on the same GPU and exchanging data directly on the GPU memory.
This E2E data transfer currently supports Color, Depth and Normal Buffer data from Unreal to be received synchronously inside your Ventuz scene. This allows a seamless integration of any Ventuz object with the elements in the Unreal world, Ventuz objects are even occluded by Unreal due to the shared depth data.
Other ancillary data, such as camera and object transformations, can be transferred between the two engines in both directions. Custom nodes have been created by Ventuz in Unreal Blueprints visual coding editor, together with some Ventuz specific Components, to integrate the data exchange with other objects and events inside the Unreal world, resulting in a very flexible and powerful workflow.
Multiple Unreal instances can connect with any given Ventuz scene and Ventuz can even run any necessary Unreal executable on start, for an easy integration and deployment. All the remarkable Ventuz output options, including SDI, NDI, multi-display and multi projection layouts are fully supported. All Unreal content can easily integrate into any traditional Ventuz project, such as videowalls, interactive graphics, real-time data-driven graphics, and even Virtual Sets and Augmented Reality projects – including full support for bi-directional camera tracking data exchange.
Ventuz Director updates
Other exciting new features in Ventuz 6.9 include the extension of Ventuz Remoting with a Director Remoting API that allows Director control via WebSocket or REST. In addition, Ventuz Machine Service has been updated and enhanced to simplify the integration of external control and automation protocols that now control Director systems remotely.
The first example of this new API/protocol update is the integration of Ventuz systems with VizRT MosART automation systems available with Ventuz 6.9.
Updates and improvements
Other changes and improvements include an enhanced Color Difference Keyer with advanced controls over matte edges, now edges softness and size can be controlled with very simple parameters to get a more polished compositing over new backgrounds.
Movie playback is updated with support for new formats and protocols. The integrated web browser has been updated to the latest CEF version, so now it is in line with Chromium and supports the latest web technologies.
Would you like to work with Ventuz? Here is an overview of our Ventuz editions:
Our Ventuz Editions
Ventuz Software Suite is available in three main editions plus the well-known PLE – Prototyping and Learning Edition.
Ventuz Community Edition – FREE
Is a new and FREE edition of the Ventuz product line (Designer,Director and Runtime) which is aimed at creating a larger user base and reaching more people. It also aims to reduce the financial entry barrier into the software. The free Community Edition can also be used to support young talents in your company and even contribute projects since the files are compatible with the commercial editions!
- Permanent internet connection for license verification required.
- Scenes created and saved with Community Designer can be loaded into Core and Enterprise Editions without any limitation.
- Resolution Limit of Ventuz Community Runtime at 3840×2160 = 8,294,400px (UHD) for one physical Output (Mosaic/Eyefinity not possible)
- Primary Node Limit per Scene or in the rendered scene tree is 500.
- Scenes cannot be saved from Ventuz Community Designer if this limit is exceeded.
- Loading more content into the Runtime will render a disruptive watermark.
- All outputs, including clips created with Render 2 Disk, are permanently branded with a modest, configurable watermark.
- it can be selectively customized in visual type and position, but not in content (wording and size). The permanent watermark is only visible if the Scene runs in Community Edition. Scenes played in Core or Enterprise Edition are not watermarked.
- Ventuz Community Runtime can also output one single NDI, one single SDI 1080p or one single encoded (H.264/H.265) stream (via SDK) – all fill only (no alpha/key).
- Ventuz Community Director can only control the local machine on a single Director Channel – no remote Runtimes allowed.
- Warping & Shaping for one physical Output (using span-mode like Mosaic/Eyefinity is not possible)
Ventuz Core Edition
Is a new and cost-friendly edition of the Ventuz product line (Designer, Director and Runtime). Ventuz Runtime Core will replace the current “Runtime Lite” (see below).
- Resolution Limit at 3840×2160 = 8,294,400px (UHD) for multiple physical Outputs (span modes like Mosaic/Eyefinity are allowed)
- No permanent watermark and Primary Node limitations
- Single SDI 1080p (3G) Fill-Only Output
- Single NDI Output (all Formats <= 4k)
- Single Encoded Stream (H.264/H.265) via SDK
- VIO Input. (uncompressed RGBA/Depth/Anc via SDK)
- Director Plugin API available and fully functional.
- Can run without a license dongle, but there must be a permanent internet connection then.
- Warping & Shaping for one logical Output (Mosaic/Eyefinity is possible)
- Not expandable with Options (EXTIO, BC1, BC2) (see Options section)
- One Director Channel
- One Remote Ventuz Runtime can be controlled from Director, additional to the local one.
The price for Ventuz Runtime Core is identical to the price of the old Ventuz Runtime LITE, which will be taken out of sale in Q3 2020 and out of maintenance in Q3 2021. From then on, purchased Ventuz Runtime LITE licenses can be converted to Ventuz Runtime Core free of charge or upgraded to Ventuz Runtime Enterprise with a fee.
Ventuz Enterprise Edition
Enterprise Edition is the new name for the well-known, full featured product line (Designer,Director and Director, except Runtime Lite). It offers all functionality of Ventuz and represents the Ventuz Flagship. It comes without any feature limitation. It is extensible with features for certain applications and industries (such as TV-Broadcast, Newsroom, etc.)
- No watermarks or Primary Node limitations
- Unlimited resolution
- The number of Pipes has been increased from 2 to 4, and therefor you are able to run:
- Four NDI outputs or
- Four SDI (3G 1080p fill only) outputs or
- Four encoded streams (H.264/H.265) outputs (via SDK)
- Four NDI outputs or
- Full warping and shaping support on all outputs
- Multi-Machine Cluster and GPU sync support
- Full render-to-disk capabilities
- Fully featured Director including Director Plugin API
- Director can control an unlimited number of Remote Runtimes and Director Channels
Ventuz PLE (Prototyping & Learning Edition) – FREE
This edition is intended to prototype and pitch your project and to try out features (POC). The feature set is identical to the Ventuz Enterprise Edition (with Broadcast 2 option), except
- Permanent watermarks on all outputs
- Scenes saved with Ventuz PLE Designer can’t be loaded into any other Edition