Superior usability – without limiting the depth of functionality or creative freedom – has always been of paramount importance to us since we started to take real-time graphics to a performance level that allows ever more impressive solutions:
Larger video walls, the rapid growth of real-time data, ascending hardware render power, the need to virtualise collaborative content exchange, the rise of programmatic advertising: the world of real-time visualization encompasses increasingly larger areas of application.
Reason enough for us not only to add new features and functionalities, but also to further enhance the usability. With Ventuz 6.7 we proudly introduce an extended but more user-friendly product line, better services around the software and a lot more ‘quality of life’ improvements. Newly stirred and shaken – GREAT Software for great solutions: the new Ventuz 6.7
What’s new in Ventuz 6.7?
- Introducing new NDI Receiver and NDI Source List nodes in order to use NDI streams in Ventuz without configuring NDI Inputs in the Audio Video Configuration.
- Retired the native support for the outdated iVGA.
See User Manual for more information.
Ventuz Customer Portal
Our new online service portal makes life much easier. You can view and manage your licenses, upgrade an old license, purchase new licenses or extend software maintenance. View, discuss and confirm quotations as well pay your invoices online.
Try it out here… https://portal.ventuz.com
New Ventuz Editions
Starting from Version 6.7 the Ventuz Software Suite is available in three main editions plus the well-known PLE – Prototyping and Learning Edition.
Ventuz Community Edition – FREE
Is a new and FREE edition of the Ventuz product line (Designer,Director and Runtime) which is aimed at creating a larger user base and reaching more people. It also aims to reduce the financial entry barrier into the software. The free Community Edition can also be used to support young talents in your company and even contribute projects since the files are compatible with the commercial editions!
- Permanent internet connection for license verification required.
- Scenes created and saved with Community Designer can be loaded into Core and Enterprise Editions without any limitation.
- Resolution Limit of Ventuz Community Runtime at 3840×2160 = 8,294,400px (UHD) for one physical Output (Mosaic/Eyefinity not possible)
- Primary Node Limit per Scene or in the rendered scene tree is 500.
- Scenes cannot be saved from Ventuz Community Designer if this limit is exceeded.
- Loading more content into the Runtime will render a disruptive watermark.
- All outputs, including clips created with Render 2 Disk, are permanently branded with a modest, configurable watermark.
- it can be selectively customized in visual type and position, but not in content (wording and size). The permanent watermark is only visible if the Scene runs in Community Edition. Scenes played in Core or Enterprise Edition are not watermarked.
- Ventuz Community Runtime can also output one single NDI, one single SDI 1080p or one single encoded (H.264/H.265) stream (via SDK) – all fill only (no alpha/key).
- Ventuz Community Director can only control the local machine on a single Director Channel – no remote Runtimes allowed.
- Warping & Shaping for one physical Output (using span-mode like Mosaic/Eyefinity is not possible)
Ventuz Core Edition
Is a new and cost-friendly edition of the Ventuz product line (Designer, Director and Runtime). Ventuz Runtime Core will replace the current “Runtime Lite” (see below).
- Resolution Limit at 3840×2160 = 8,294,400px (UHD) for multiple physical Outputs (span modes like Mosaic/Eyefinity are allowed)
- No permanent watermark and Primary Node limitations
- Single SDI 1080p (3G) Fill-Only Output
- Single NDI Output (all Formats <= 4k)
- Single Encoded Stream (H.264/H.265) via SDK
- VIO Input. (uncompressed RGBA/Depth/Anc via SDK)
- Director Plugin API available and fully functional.
- Can run without a license dongle, but there must be a permanent internet connection then.
- Warping & Shaping for one logical Output (Mosaic/Eyefinity is possible)
- Not expandable with Options (EXTIO, BC1, BC2) (see Options section)
- One Director Channel
- One Remote Ventuz Runtime can be controlled from Director, additional to the local one.
The price for Ventuz Runtime Core is identical to the price of the old Ventuz Runtime LITE, which will be taken out of sale in Q3 2020 and out of maintenance in Q3 2021. From then on, purchased Ventuz Runtime LITE licenses can be converted to Ventuz Runtime Core free of charge or upgraded to Ventuz Runtime Enterprise with a fee.
Ventuz Enterprise Edition
Enterprise Edition is the new name for the well-known, full featured product line (Designer,Director and Director, except Runtime Lite). It offers all functionality of Ventuz and represents the Ventuz Flagship. It comes without any feature limitation. It is extensible with features for certain applications and industries (such as TV-Broadcast, Newsroom, etc.)
- No watermarks or Primary Node limitations
- Unlimited resolution
- The number of Pipes has been increased from 2 to 4, and therefor you are able to run:
- Four NDI outputs or
- Four SDI (3G 1080p fill only) outputs or
- Four encoded streams (H.264/H.265) outputs (via SDK)
- Four NDI outputs or
- Full warping and shaping support on all outputs
- Multi-Machine Cluster and GPU sync support
- Full render-to-disk capabilities
- Fully featured Director including Director Plugin API
- Director can control an unlimited number of Remote Runtimes and Director Channels
Ventuz PLE (Prototyping & Learning Edition) – FREE
This edition is intended to prototype and pitch your project and to try out features (POC). The feature set is identical to the Ventuz Enterprise Edition (with Broadcast 2 option), except
- Permanent watermarks on all outputs
- Scenes saved with Ventuz PLE Designer can’t be loaded into any other Edition
As mentioned above, only Enterprise Products can be extended with any of the following Options:
- Extended IO (EXTIO)
- Remote Render-to-Disk
- Advanced Codecs, Encoding and Decoding (Avid DNxHD, DNxHR, XDCAM,MXF Container)
- Ranked Chroma-Keyer (internal software keyer)
- Tracking devices for Virtual Set, AR, VR (Trackmen, Stype, Mo-Sys, Ncam, etc.)
- Broadcast Pack 1 (BC1), includes EXTIO and adds
- One fully-featured SDI output for all SDI formats (e.g. 1080i) with full keying features
- SDI 4k is now also available in BC1 without additional costs
- Advanced Chroma Keying outputs (simple bgd/key and complex bgd/fgd/key/matte)
- Broadcast Pack 2 (BC2), includes EXTIO and BC1 and adds
- A second fully-featured SDI output
The new free Community Edition and the new Core Edition will make it a lot easier to enter the Ventuz world. The new pricing structure will help to support young talents in your company and even contribute projects.
Enterprise prices will remain the same.
Upgrades and Downgrades
- Version-Upgrade: Starting with version 6.0 upgrades are no longer available. A version upgrade of older versions (V4 or V5) is possible for 20% of the current list price. Upgrades from 6.0 or later to a higher version are not required anymore! Using the latest version (e.g. 7.2 or 8.5) is possible under valid Maintenance. (see below)
- Edition-Upgrade: Only a change from a smaller edition to a larger one is possible, not vice versa. The cost is based on the price difference. Maintenance fees shall be adapted accordingly while running maintenance time is credited.
- Option-Upgrade: It is possible to upgrade existing licenses by available Options (such as EXTIO). The price matches exactly the difference between the base product and the options price. Maintenance fees shall be adapted accordingly while running maintenance time is credited.
- Downgrades: Downgrades are not possible! Neither for version, edition nor options
With Version 6.0, released in May 2019, we introduced a maintenance model that ensures your Ventuz software is always up-to-date and maintained for newest features and improvements, latest bug-fixes, 3rd party software and hardware compatibility. Keeping your license under valid Maintenance is always recommended.
Purchasing a perpetual license does include the first year of maintenance.